Thursday 24 October 2019

Warfist / Excidium - Laws of Perversion & Filth

WARFIST / EXCIDIUM - Laws of Perversion & Filth (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2018)
I was very eager to get a copy of "Laws of Perversion & Filth" split between Warfist and Excidium - and finally I managed to get a copy. I definitely support both bands, even though they play thrash metal, which is not my favourite style of extreme metal. But both these bands proved their worth more than once and so far I enjoyed most of the stuff that came from them. A split release between them was then a must to hear for me. Good bands come together, and this is a fine old school thrashing slaughter. 
So, starting with Warfist... I already wrote few reviews for these bastards’ music and in this review I won't write anything else from what I wrote before. Warfist plays this freakin' harsh and primeval thrashing shit, which is deeply influenced by the classics such as Sodom, Venom, HellhammerNifelheim, Aura Noir and so on. So, not only the 80's classics, but also some newer bands, which obviously were equally influenced by these same classics hahaWarfist music is just fun to listen to, it's one of those bands, which give you a good mood, especially if you open a bottle of beer while listening to their stuff. They have plenty of cool riffs, good taste for this sort of old school thrash metal, I especially like how harsh and almost primitive it sounds, as it gives more aggression and obscurity to the music. Sincerely, I like some of their other recordings more from this split material, but these few songs are solid and worthy also, especially the song called "Debauchery (Dirty Little Bitch)". 
But to be honest, I like Excidium music more! This band appears very rarely, mostly on shorter formats like splits or demos and have yet to record a debut album. But all shit they have recorded so far is just killer, in my opinion. If compared to Warfist, their music is more aggressive, faster, more nasty and vicious - more like fuckin Kreator, which is probably why I like it so much. Damn, song called "Denial" is absolutely fantastic, so is the whole set of songs they prepared for "Laws of Perversion & Filth", including Impaled Nazarene cover. I absolutely love these razor sharp riffs they have, harsh vocals or that spotless production, which they achieved. I'm really, really surprised that we still have to wait for an album from this band. Hopefully not too long though. Come on you lazy bastards. 
Verdict: 75/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment