Thursday 24 October 2019

Decomposed - Decomposed

Decomposed - Decomposed (BLOOD HARVEST - CD 2012)
absolutely love what some of these young death metal bands have to offer. Their music may not be groundbreaking, it does not reinvent the wheel or make you forget about early 90’s classic records. But they cover their 25 years late arrival with passion, enthusiasm and ability to pick up the right influences from the classic death metal scene. Swedish Decomposed is definitely one such band. Their music is not something what will shake the scene and turn it all upside down, but it is just fuckin cool enough to enjoy it and play it with big smile on your face. And as some sort die hard "old school death metal maniac", I do worship it, I can say it straight away. There's everything I like about this music on "Decomposed" and it's been done properly... I have nothing more to wish for.  
So, here is Decomposed's self titled debut album, released back in 2012 Blood Harvest. And what a fuckin awesome piece of death metal it is! From the first look at it, it speaks to me in my language. I like band's logo, I love the artwork a lot. The visual side is absolutely proper for this kind of music. And then I play the CD and it's all here. Everything I need from obscure, traditional, a bit Swedish sounding, death metal. Dark, creepy atmosphere. Aggressive, vicious riffage. Some great and impressive melodic parts, which give more diversity, but also make the music more memorable. D-beat. A bit of groove even. Doomy parts, faster stuff... Influences from Grave, Dismember, Entombed, early Hypocrisy, Carnage... This album sounds quite rough, it definitely isn't pretty, but it creates quite strong obscure, ghoulish feel. I like that sort of songwriting, even if it may feel a bit predictable. But Decomposed nailed it. This is just great album and one, which I can definitely recommend to all those, who're into this sort of death metal. I don’t have anything else to say. If you’re a fan of this so called old school death metal, you will love it. 
Standout tracks: "Ethereal Landscapes", “Macabre Vision”, “Voices from Beyond” 
Verdict: 80/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment