Wednesday 5 June 2019

Graveyard / Morbid Flesh - Split EP

GRAVEYARD / MORBID FLESH - Split EP (BLOODY Production - 7"EP 2019)
This split is absolutely beautiful. I love it. Two bands are on this 7"EP and both easily belong to my favourites, when speaking of the current old school death metal movement. Anything these bands release, I need to have and so far, they haven't recorded anything what I wouldn't fuckin love. It's no different with this release. They’re both Spanish bands - Graveyard and Morbid Flesh – coming straight from your darkest and creepiest cemetery. And both are blood shedding with no mercy, crushing with every sound of their music. What a joy to listen to them. 
Graveyard is especially a band, which I simply adore. It's been over ten years now since "Into the Mausoleum" blew me off. And through that decade Graveyard unleashed eleven split 7"EPs! I still need to get one, everything else I already own. For this piece of black wax they prepared a killer song titled "I, the Godmaker" and for me it's 10/10. This song has everything I worship about OSDM and has been done in absolutely top quality. Someone could easily say that they're strongly influenced by the Swedish death metal heroes – and take is as a negative aspect. But it takes some guts to turn into a band, which is even better than many of these heroes. Graveyard for me is and "I, the Godmaker" proves that totally, in my opinion. Just listen to this shit with all these killer riffs, fantastic dark melodic patterns, but vicious, aggressive and nasty death metal - just as it should be! There's a lot of diversity in this six minutes long track, including blasts and doomy parts. And production is also very damn good. Killer. 
Side B now... And believe me; Morbid Flesh are not here to stand as a useless and unnoticeable companion for the split EP. They also know how to shred and they do so with "Seventh Hell". A bit harsher, more obscure, but also absolutely fuckin fantastic old school death metal worship. I’m not even gonna mention what you could expect from this song then, except that it is really damn good track, I love their combination of melodic parts with aggression and filth, which so well fits my musical taste for OSDM. And all this tells me how underrated Morbid Flesh seems to be. They truly deserve for more recognition, so I hope that this split will open some eyes and ears.  
For me it’s another this release is another excellent piece of music from both bands and great addition to my vinyl collection. I want more. 
Verdict: 95/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment