Tuesday 14 June 2022

Denial - Immense Carnage Vortex


DENIAL - Immense Carnage Vortex (BLOOD HARVEST - 7"EP 2007)

I often underline my love for Chilean death metal, but frankly speaking, Mexico is also one of the hot scenes on the death metal map, in my opinion. I will not play the “let’s list 126 killer bands” game now, but I would like to remind you one particular act, which is slightly forgotten, but which is bloody awesome, in my opinion. Denial is their name! I am not even sure if they still exist, because it’s been ages since the debut album was released and only few years less since the last EP. But recently I was reminding myself killer debut seven inch titled “Immense Carnage Vortex” and wow; this is bloody awesome recording. Hugely influenced by the classic stuff from the 90’s, you will hear equal measures of the European (mostly Swedish) and American styles in it. There's aggression and savagery in this music, there’s fast stuff, as well as some slower, crushing death metal, even a bit of melody. The sound is sweet and raw, and it gives you even bigger old school feel. Riffs are great, who cares that they’re not innovative or whatever... There’s great feeling in them, the atmosphere is dark and brutal... Denial really nailed it and came up with death metal I like to hear the most. Even the artwork and layout for this seven-inch vinyl are what I like to see on such releases, just keep it all simple and old school! Yeah, if “Immense Carnage Vortex” could have been released in 1992, everyone nowadays would call it a classic. I absolutely love this shit, with such “Remains” it has everything I want to hear. 

Verdict: 85/100  

No comments:

Post a Comment