Saturday 22 September 2018

Impure Declaration - No Paths, No Guide

IMPURE DECLARATION - No Paths, No Guide (PUTRID CULT - CD 2018)
This CD left nothing, but rubble and ash. Pure devastation, conflagration and murder. I love this music and I have to say that Impure Declaration was a great surprise. I had no expectations to hear anything as good, but it turned out to be a killer release that I spent couple of hours listening to. And the only negative thing, which I could say about "No Paths, No Guide" is that it's a shame that it's such a short recording, I want to hear more from Impure Declaration. But it's a fantastic start for this new Polish death / black metal project and I am sure that they will bring more destruction in the future. 
I have actually no idea who's behind Impure Declaration, but I don't even care. This music is killer. It's a crushing black / death metal with quite strong doomy feel sometimes. Everything sounds very harsh and simplistic, yet powerful and obscure, dark and vicious. It has almost primitive feel, but not in a negative way - because in this case it emphasizes the nature and atmosphere of that style of music and helps to create the proper mood. Riffs are great, I like how it all sounds, with these ghoulish vocals and massive, heavy feel, when slower parts are properly balanced by some faster fragments. And the influence from acts like Beherit, Incantation, Revenge, Black Witchery, Grave Miasma and so on iobvious, but well used.  
Oh, that atmosphere of this music, this evil feel, smell of sulphur and crushing raw sound - it is awesome and impossible to resist. Especially when the music is slower sounds best, so for me "Grotesque Alchemy" is the favourite track here. But the whole EP is great, so I strongly advise you to support this release. And let's hope that Impure Declaration will record some more shit soon! 
Standout track: "Grotesque Alchemy" 
Verdict: 85/100 

1 comment: